The 14th edition of the competition will take place between June 4 – 11, 2023
Organized by the Municipality of Mosonmagyaróvár and the Ms. Fejes Music Foundation, the 14th International Carl Flesch Violin Competition will return to Mosonmagyaróvár, Hungary, in June.
Open to all European violinists who were born between June 6, 1993, and June 5, 2003, the application deadline is February 1, 2023. To apply, click here.
If competitors are not from Europe, they can still participate if they have studied music in Europe for at least two years. Applicants under the age of 20 can also apply if they have won at least one international violin competition or received a special prize.
Members of the international jury include Márta Ábrahám (President), Réka Szilvay, Hagai Shaham, Kirill Troussov, and Balázs Horváth.
Previous first prize winners include VC Artist Lara Boschkor and Nagao Haruka.
All of the following documents must be attached to the application form:
- Brief curriculum vitae
- Certificate of musical qualification – copy of diploma
- Two letters of recommendation, from a prominent personality in music life specifically written for participation in the 2023 Carl Flesch Violin Competition
- A digital copy of the applicant’s passport or ID
- One recent, high-quality photograph in a digital format that is suitable for publication and free of copyright (one close-up portrait)
- One promotional photo
- The copy of the receipt about the transfer of the application fee
- Invoice data of the application fee
- In case of competitors outside of Europe, a certificate of their European studies
- Two performance pieces of different character uploaded to YouTube (recording not older than one year)