The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Kimmi Bitter – “I Dream Of You” – She stunned playlist listeners with her original song “My Grass Is Blue” that evoked the best of Patsy Cline, and now Kimmi Bitter is back with another Countrypolitan-sounding instant classic called “I Dream of You.” We’re dreaming that Kimmi Bitter will drop a whole record of this Golden-era country goodness on us soon than later. But for now, these singles are keeping our classic country hearts satisfied.
The War and Treaty – “Lover’s Game” – When The War and Treaty singed with UMG Nashville earlier this year, we know it might be big. Now they’re giving us a taste of their upcoming Dave Cobb-produced album. “Lover’s Game” is a blazing Southern rock country soul anthem, showcasing what The War & Treaty do best.
Alex Williams – “Rock Bottom” – Alex’s new album Waging Peace is the maturing of a modern day country music Outlaw with a voice made for singing country music. Along with being well-written, “Rock Bottom” allows the great players assembled for the album to stretch their legs to favorable results.
Wesley Hanna – “Back to the Honky Tonks” – This is one of those songs that written so well, you’re convinced in must have been a hit in the 70s that you just missed. Wesley Hanna has a whole album of them in Brand New Love Potion, and sings the hell out of them to boot.
Dailey and Vincent – “Dig a Little Deeper in the Well” – If you thought the days of country music giving you goosebumps with four-part harmonies like the Oak Ridge Boys and Statler Brothers were over, think again. Dailey and Vincent are joined by bass singer Aaron McCune on this gem from the first country album from this bluegrass duo called Let’s Sing Some Country!.
Brit Taylor – “Kentucky Blue” – “Kentucky Blue—both the song and the album—is so indicative of love and life and Kentucky,” Taylor says. “Whether you are mourning the death of a relationship, of a dream, of a family member or even of a personal idol such as Loretta Lynn, ‘Kentucky Blue’ speaks to your heart in that unique musical language of Appalachia.” The Sturgill Simpson-produced album is out February 3rd, 2023.
Emily Nenni – “The Rooster and the Hen” – Leaving a string of broken hearts in her wake, and bringing a lively enthusiasm to vintage country, Emily Nenni proves that evoking older sounds into new country music doesn’t have to result in a fuddy-duddy feeling. “The Rooster and the Hen” is a hidden gem of her new album On The Ranch.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Flesh and Blood” – Adam Hood – Bad Days Better
- “Dig A Little Deeper In The Well” – Dailey & Vincent – Let’s Sing Some Country!
- “Back to the Honky Tonks” – Wesley Hanna – Brand New Love Potion
- “Kentucky Blue” – Brit Taylor – Kentucky Blue (2-3-23)
- “Long Journey Home” – Billy Strings – Me / and / Dad (11-18)
- “The Rooster And The Hen” – Emily Nenni – On The Ranch
- “Rock Bottom” – Alex Williams – Waging Peace
- “Ramblin’ Soul” – Melissa Carper – Ramblin’ Soul (11-18)
- “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” – Drake Milligan – Dallas/Fort Worth
- “I Dream Of You” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “Reverse Cowgirl” – Jon Pardi – Mr. Saturday Night
- “Lover’s Game – The War and Treaty – (single)
- “Casualty” – Courtney Patton – Electrostatic
- “Just Like Honey” – Charley Crockett – The Man From Waco
- “Tie Me Up” – Sunny Sweeney – Married Alone
- “Better Things To Do” – The Shootouts, Marty Stuart – Stampede (2-24-23)
- “Over You” – Gabe Lee – The Hometown Kid
- “Ships in the Harbor” – Tommy Prine – (single)
- “My Mistake” – Seth Jones – (single)
- “Bonfire At Tina’s” – Ashley McBryde (& more) – Ashley McBryde Presents: Lindeville
- “Another Bad Apple” – Ward Davis – (single)
- “Cypress Hills and the Big Country” – Colter Wall – (single)
- “Hell Bent on Hard Times” – Kendell Marvel – Come On Sunshine
- “Anabelle” – Memphis Kee – (single)
- “Last Living Local” – Colton Venner – (single)
- “Stars” – John Fullbright – The Liar
- “Oklahoma Smokeshow” – Zach Bryan – Summertime Blues