Sometimes the songs added to the playlist are so exciting, you just can’t wait to share them. Even though there are only five songs to this update, these five songs feel like they are very important to this year in music, and how it might unfold.
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Amanda Fields w/ Megan McCormick – “Moving Mountains” – This is your opportunity to onboard with Amanda Fields ahead of her upcoming album What, When, and Without out on February 28th. A long-time bluegrass performer, you may have never heard of her before, but many will be talking about her after her new album drops. Amanda’s first foray into traditional country, it was produced by Megan McCormick who also appears on “Moving Mountains.”
Colby Acuff – “Western White Pines” – This is one of those songs that you immediately warm to, and hum to yourself the rest of the day. A true mood resetter, it’s a perfect introduction to Colby Acuff who has a few records out there, and hopefully more new music like “Western White Pines” on the way.
Sundy Best – “Bad Imagination” – This Kentucky duo’s new album Feel Good Country is in part about righting your mind in the pursuit of happiness. Not only does this song impart the wisdom of how we so often work ourselves up over little or nothing, it also includes one hell of a chorus for getting stuck in your head.
Brit Taylor – “If You Don’t Wanna Love Me” – A lot of folks are touting Brit Taylor’s new album Kentucky Blue as one of their favorites so far this year, and this spirited track with just a touch of funky soul is the hidden gem of the release. It freshens Brit’s spot on the playlist, and debuts in the top spot.
Charles Wesley Godwin – “Jealous Kind” – Godwin and his backing band The Allegheny High cover this Chris Knight classic in a live recording session in a Pittsburgh church. Godwin is downplaying this track as something to tide folks over for new original music coming later this year, but it’s pretty killer itself. Live from the Church EP coming February 17th.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “If You Don’t Wanna Love Me” – Brit Taylor – Kentucky Blue
- “The Jealous Kind” – Charles Wesley Godwin – Live from the Church EP (2-17)
- “Moving Mountains” – Amanda Fields w/ Megan McCormick – What, When, and Without (2-28)
- “Wrong Side of the River” – Myron Elkins – Factories, Farms, and Amphetamines
- “Western White Pines” – Colby Acuff – (single)
- “Jersey Giant” – Elle King – Come Get Your Wife
- “.38 Special” – Rattlesnake Milk – Chicken Fried Snake
- “For Your Love” – Michael Cleveland with Billy Strings – Lovin’ Of The Game (3-3)
- “Straight Up Country Music” – Wylie & The Wild West – Bunchgrass
- “I Dream Of You” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “Holler Rose” – Pony Bradshaw – North Georgia Rounder
- “Camioneta” – Wynchester – (single)
- “Bad Imagination” – Sundy Best – Feel Good Country
- “Neon Night” – Jered Ames – (single)
- “Denial” – Jonathan Peyton – (single)
- “Let It Play” – Kasey Lee Rogers – (single)
- “Dire Wolf” – Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway – Crooked Tree (Deluxe Edition)
- “Dig A Little Deeper In The Well” – Dailey & Vincent – Let’s Sing Some Country!
- “Life of Sin” – El Dorodo – Unincorporated
- “Final Stages of Hank” – Zachariah Malachi – Local Bar Opry Star
- “Country Star” – Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives – (single)
- “Back to the Honky Tonks” – Wesley Hanna – Brand New Love Potion
- “If The Loneliness Don’t Kill Me” – Whitehorse – I’m Not Crying You’re Crying
- “I Found Trouble” – Teague Brothers Band – Love and War
- “Middle of a King-Sized Bed” – Elijah Ocean – (single)
- “Blues Comin’ On – Channing Wilson – (single)