Explore David Fulton’s 40-year journey into curating a collection of the world’s finest string instruments
The Violin Channel is this week giving away three “The Fulton Collection — A Guided Tour” books, written by instrument Collector David Fulton.
Available now, the first edition volume of David Fulton‘s book “The Fulton Collection” is an engaging tale of his journey into the world of fiddles, chronologically ordered by the date on which he acquired each extraordinary instrument.
With a large-format linen-bound hardcover, the book includes stunning museum-quality photos, archival material, and first-hand recollections of the instruments and their journies. Every instrument has a story and weaves a tale through the centuries and owners.
“I hope this book will help explain why I became a violin collector — clearly a form of ecstatic madness,” Fulton said. “I started forming the collection in 1981, but my fascination with violins, playing violins, and violinists goes back much farther, back to my childhood. It has been the musical journey of a lifetime and the great violins, violas and cellos have served as my milestones. Along the way, I’ve had many interesting experiences and met some remarkable people. I hope to take you along on that journey. ”
“This book is a treasure, not just as a resource for lovers and players of stringed instruments, but also as a fascinating and often very funny look at the life through the eyes of a most remarkable man, David Fulton,” violinist James Ehnes said. “It has my very highest recommendation.”
Entries close on Tuesday, November 27, 2022.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is: Feed Media Pty Ltd Trading as The Violin Channel LLC.
2. Employees of The Violin Channel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The closing date for entry will be 11:59 PM November 27, 2022 (New York Time). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. All incomplete entries will be disregarded and not eligible for entry.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using randomization software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Violin Channel LLC and not to any other party.